To ensure that pets to depart the Hawaii airport, there’s a multi-step means of displaying proof of two rabies vaccinations and passing an OIE-FAVN (Fluorescent Antibody Virus Neutralization) blood check measuring the response of the immune system to the rabies vaccine, after a 30 day ready interval. Then, you could meet particular island necessities.
Following the state’s guidelines ensures your pet gained’t get caught on the Hawaii Animal Quarantine Station.
When ought to I begin planning my journey to Hawaii with my canine?
Plan early, months upfront, for Hawaii’s tight vaccine necessities, lengthy earlier than flight time, based on Hawaii’s Department of Agriculture (HDOA), Animal Quarantine Station division. Notify your vet as quickly as potential to schedule your canine’s appointments throughout the suitable timeframe (see under) earlier than your journey.
Evaluate the pre-flight guidelines earlier than you and your canine journey to Hawaii
A sequence of steps should be taken for a canine to be launched from the airport by way of the Hawaii Direct Airport Launch. To begin, comply with this vaccine checklist, which directs you to the proper set of necessities primarily based in your last island vacation spot.
Gadgets on the guidelines embody:
- Working microchip required
- 30-day minimal ready interval after final rabies vaccine
- 30-day minimal ready interval after FAVN blood pattern has been acquired at lab
- FAVN report should be acquired on the Animal Quarantine Station earlier than arrival
- Accredited vet should full a well being certificates inside 10 days of your journey and administer flea and tick treatment earlier than flight
- Full HDOA Dog/Cat Release Form
- Pay DAR charges — $185 in Honolulu; $165 for neighbor island allow
There are further types and necessities primarily based in your island vacation spot.
Particular Hawaiian island necessities for canines
Your island vacation spot and your size of keep change journey necessities:
- Journey to Honolulu, comply with Checklist #1
- Touring on to Kauai, Maui or Kona, comply with Checklist #2 — Requires prior preparations with an permitted vet to satisfy you on the airport at your expense
- Journey to Kauai, Maui or Kona requires a Neighbor Island Import Allow (NIIP) — requested not less than 30 days upfront of arrival
Will my canine be quarantined in Hawaii?
“If they don’t full all the necessities within the required timeframe, the canine is not going to be launched and shall be held in quarantine in Hawaii or returned to the purpose of origin on the proprietor’s expense,” based on HDOA.
Hawaii animal quarantine info:
- Value for 120-day quarantine is $1,080.
- Homeowners in Kauai could select quarantine on the Kauai Humane Society at $100/day.
Kauai Humane Society created a video guide to bringing you dog to Kauai.
For questions concerning the journey necessities along with your canine, contact Animal Quarantine Station at email@example.com or by telephone at (808) 483-7151
For all to get pleasure from paradise on arrival, comply with HDOA’s vaccine and island necessities and plan early primarily based in your scenario.