For the twelfth straight fiscal 12 months, Fall Safety – Normal Necessities is OSHA’s most continuously cited normal, the company and Security+Well being introduced Tuesday in the course of the 2022 NSC Safety Congress & Expo.
Patrick Kapust, deputy director of OSHA’s Directorate of Enforcement Applications, introduced the preliminary checklist, which represents OSHA Data System knowledge from Oct. 1, 2021, to Sept. 6. S+H Affiliate Editor Kevin Druley moderated the session from Ballroom 6E on the San Diego Conference Middle.
The requirements that comprise the High 10 remained unchanged from FY 2021, with some motion inside their rating. Hazard Communication, which ranked fifth in FY 2021, climbed three spots to No. 2, with Respiratory Safety, Ladders and Scaffolding rounding out the highest 5.
The complete checklist:
- Fall Safety – Normal Necessities (1926.501): 5,260 violations
- Hazard Communication (1910.1200): 2,424
- Respiratory Safety (1910.134): 2,185
- Ladders (1926.1053): 2,143
- Scaffolding (1926.451): 2,058
- Lockout/Tagout (1910.147): 1,977
- Powered Industrial Vehicles (1910.178): 1,749
- Fall Safety – Coaching Necessities (1926.503): 1,556
- Private Protecting and Lifesaving Tools – Eye and Face Safety (1926.102): 1,401
- Machine Guarding (1910.212): 1,370
“From 12 months to 12 months, the High 10 doesn’t change a lot, however there are little clues on what’s taking place within the enforcement world,” Kapust stated.
Finalized knowledge, together with further particulars and unique content material, might be revealed within the December concern of S+H.