This week’s run time is 1:04:00.
WEEK IN REVIEW (6:20)
Microsoft’s foray into sustainability software program (25:15)
Earlier this yr, former Shell new energies govt Elisabeth Brinton joined Microsoft as company vice chairman of sustainability, main a brand new crew targeted on trade options associated to sustainability. Her accountability facilities on serving to ship software program that helps Microsoft’s clients ship in opposition to their very own local weather pledges and commitments. She joins us right here on GreenBiz 350 to speak extra about her function and imaginative and prescient.
Meet extra of the GreenBiz 30 Below 30 (40:00)
Final week, GreenBiz revealed its seventh annual 30 Below 30 report, honoring rising younger professionals within the area of sustainability. We function audio highlights from interviews with 5 extra of this yr’s honorees. For extra, consult last week’s episode.
- Eva Grundon, environmental sustainability coordinator, Primark
- Miles Braxton, co-founder, director of Black Oak Collective; Incoming Director, Danger Administration, Summit Ridge Vitality
- Ashley Fill, director, sustainability and whitespace; Procter and Gamble House Care Canada
- Jacob Gisler, senior program supervisor of compliance, Entire Meals Market
- Shaandiin Cedar, affiliate, Powerhouse Ventures
Suzano’s technique for social engagement (48:50)
Cristina Gil White, chief sustainability officer of pulp and paper firm Suzano, on constructing relationships with the communities the place its plantations are and the way the corporate prioritizes biodiversity. “In the event you produce in concord with nature, you should have very loyal purchasers,” she observes.
*Music on this episode: Lee Rosevere: “Quirky Small City Characters,” “The place Was I,” “Strive Something As soon as” and “Southside.”