This week’s run time is 38:02.
WEEK IN REVIEW (4:40)
Larry Fink defends BlackRock’s deal with function (18:30)
Have you ever learn the BlackRock chairman’s latest letter to CEOs? This 12 months, he guarantees extra funding in ESG stewardship and makes the case for avoiding divestment of fossil fuels shares. Grant Harrison, inexperienced finance and ESG analyst for GreenBiz, drops by with commentary.
Digging into potatoes and sustainability (26:50)
GreenBiz senior analyst John Davies, who runs the GreenBiz Government Community, lately attended a serious commerce present for the potato trade to dig into how this main meals sector — projected to provide nearly $5 billion in U.S. gross sales this 12 months — is embracing practices similar to regenerative agriculture. The section contains perspective from:
- Brandy Wilson, international sustainability director for J.R. Simplot
- John Mesko, government director for the Potato Sustainability Alliance
- Chad Berry, proprietor of Underneath the Hill Farms
- Christian Barcan, sustainability supervisor for Rabo AgriFinance
- Patrick Williams, senior digital gross sales advisor for Simplot Grower Options
*Music on this episode by Lee Rosevere: “It Was Like That Once I Received Right here,” “Don’t Belief the Cloud,” “Right here’s The place Issues Get Fascinating” and “Let That Sink In.”